1-B Claverton Street
London SW1V 3AY
Tel: 0171 630 8688
0956 568 394 (mobile)
Rakesh Mathur is an international researcher and journalist. He
has been working in Britain, France, Germany, India and the U.S.
Rakesh has contributed to research organisations, television companies,
print and radio media. His recent work includes research for Kilroy
Television for the BBC and writing for the electronic magazines
such as Compuserve and AOL.
Rakesh is multi-lingual, feels at home in all cultures. For more
than ten years, he has been working as a free-lance translator
and interpreter for various agencies. He is well versed in Information
Technology and has been writing research based stories on bi-lateral
relations between Europe and India.
Rakesh Mathur is a highly motivated, determined and tenacious
individual. He enjoys being part of a team and works well under
pressure, respects deadlines and has considerable reputation of
organising research and promotional events. He recently organised
music evenings at the Nehru Centre, Mayfair, London and round-table
conference, 'Journalists in Exile' in Paris.
Career Summary:Production of Digital Audio-visual on Breakout 1998
·Editor of CIM NEWS, Editing multimedia on Indian bus.1997
· Web page design (html) for emap publication 1996
· TV programme: "Building For Britain" on foreign trade 1995
· Translation and Interpretation for various companies, since
· Directed training videos: 'AIM HIGH' and 'A STITCH IN TIME'
· Curated photo exhibition for LFF on S. Ray 1992
· Research for Carlton TV programmes on multi-culturalism 1992
· Europe Correspondent for Hinduism Today since 1991
· Europe Correspondent for India Worldwide magazine since 1990
· Research for Ethnic Response and Hinduja Foundations 1989
· Researcher for Prod. For the BBC and Channel 4 TV since 1988
· Freelance Research and writing work in Europe 1980-1988
· Sub-editor and Reporter at Times of India publications 1973-1979
Freelance work included the following:
France: Paris Match, L'Express, La Nouvelle de L'Inde,
U.K.: Guardian, South, Internet, City Limits,
Evening Standard, Movie, Today, Libas, The Voice, C I M
Newsletter. Purvai. India: Economic Times,
N.B. Times, Madhuri, Dharmayug, Cinemaya Television: BBC, France
Channel 4, Carlton, Doordarshan, TV Asia, Box Productions, Kilroy
Television, Azad Productions and Hyphen Films.
Radio: BBC, France Culture, Deutsche Welle, All India Radio, Spectrum,
Viva. Publications: Orbis London: Chapters in the Illustrated
The World Movies, La Cuisine Indienne, edition Nouvelle de L'Inde
for the following organisations:
· Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris
· Commonwealth Institute,London ·Festival du Film et de la Presse,
· School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
· Gypsies in Europe for Himalayan Academy, Hawaii, USA
· Passengers surveys for the British Rail and London Transport
· Airbus A-320 for Channel 4 Television
· Ethnic Response: qualitative surveys of ethnic population
· International Delegate for Film Festivals in Berlin, Bombay,
Cannes, Locarno, Mannheim, La Rochelle, Varna, Nantes, Honolulu,
New Delhi, Nantes and London
· Art Festiavals of Avignon, London, Greenwich, Montpellier, French
bi-centennaire celebrations, Paris and year long festivals of
Indian arts in Britain, France, Germany and Switzerland.
Member of Executive Committees
of the following organisations:
· Chartered Institute of Marketing 1997
· Foreign Press Association, London 1995-'96
· Migrants Resource Centre, London 1994-'95
· Westminster Race Equality Council 1992-'94
· Indian Arts Council 1986-'88
Education and Training
· Post Graduate Studies and short Courses in Communication Arts
(Bombay and London), Research and Reporting (New Delhi), History
of Arts (Paris) Printing (London), Marketing and Small Businesses
(London), Word-processing and spreadsheet (London), html language
and the Internet (London). Attended
several seminars and conferences on Ethnic issues in Europe.
· Bachelor of Arts (Delhi University)
· Diploma in Film and Television Production (Pune, India)
English, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi,
French and some Italian.
Covered high level press assignments such as signing of
Maastricht treaty, G7 meetings, State visits of John Major, Mr
Mitterrand, Chancellor Kohl to India and Indian Prime Ministers
Commonwealth Leaders Business Forum, London 97.
of Chartered Institute of Marketing , The Royal Television Society,
Foreign Press Association in London and Royal Society of Arts.